Your home is on the market and the first open house is just around the corner. Hopefully, you've already minimized and de-cluttered your home. If not, you've got some work to do. Check out my previous articles on Staging. If you've already staged your home to sell, here are a few things you can doing for or during the open house to put your home in it's best light.
1. Turn on ALL of the lights!
2. Open all the drapes and shades ... let the sunshine!
3. If possible, open up some windows to get some fresh air in the home.
4. Bake some cookies or bread to give off a nice aroma.
5. Light a few candles for ambiance. (Be sure to select a candle that is safe, possibly a votive surrounded by glass or even an electric votive candle)
6. Set your table(s) as if company's coming.
7. Fresh flowers. A vase of fresh flowers in the entry or on a dining tables is very appealing.
8. Place a bowl of fresh fruit in the kitchen.
9. Place fresh soap and towels in all the bathrooms. Remove personal items. Be sure it's clean.
10. Put new logs in the fireplace.
All these little extra touches make your home feel warm and welcoming. A home needs to meet the needs and desires of the buyers, but it also has to feel good. Buying a home is a very emotional purchase. Do your part to make your home "open" to those stopping by your Open House. You can also check this Last minute check list.